Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back into the kitchen...

It seems I have been on a mission..to cook...I use to bake alot and cook alot, but since moving here with hubby working away I lost my cooking MoJo, but since wanting us to eat healthier I have got back into it..I decide to start with the kids school lunches, I had fallen into the trap of quick snack products to fill there lunch boxes, like little bags of chips, snack bars, little packets of biscuits..well thats now stopped.  I started baking muffins, and marmite and cheese scrolls..I individually wrap each one and putthem into the freezer, so in the morning i can pull one out and pop it into their lunch box and by time its morning tea they have defrosted.,I am buying more fruit and have even started to make own jelly with fruit.  Dinners,Im making from scratch (on the most part), sneaking in alot more vegetables...Im feeling  better already by doing this.  One more week before hubby gets back from work, so by then I should have alot more ideas of great meals..I pondering at the moment, I went and looked at a gym, just by my kids school..I use to love going to the gym back home in NZ, tried one gym here and it was a lovely gym, nice people, but didnt really get the same feel i had, had. The convinence of the location of this one is a big upside.  Its $18 a week, no contract and if you dont plan on going one week, you dont have to pay for that week.  For hubby, he can just pay for the week that hes home from work, which i really like the idea of going with him.  WIll have to think a bit more on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment