Thursday, May 5, 2011

Back to busy...

Its been nearly a month since my last entry....I have been checking labels more..and constantly re-evaluating everything....Im starting to get on the 'saving' bandwagon again..with a few exceptions...suprise suprise, the kids...my son had been asking about playing a sport again,,he played soccer back home in NZ..but the soccer here isnt what i want, so last nite i signed him up for rugby union...and his first game is tomoro...DOH...so today i was on a mission, boot, shorts, socks, and mouthguard...Im very excited.. he had practice last night and did awesome...a natural. But it wasnt cheap,,fees for the season $100. $75 for the stuff I got today..ouchy, but i think its going to be well worth it.   Also, scouts start up nxt tuesday..that $180 for the two of them for a term  not counting uniform and any out activities that come up...But I want my kids to be active and involved..my daughter Im thinking of putting in the local theatre group..its again, not cheap, but I think she would thrive at it, so will go along to check it out on monday. that $125 a term. I had my hair done this week, and it was the pick-me-up I needed, and by needed I really mean needed..I was having a very down period of late..so this little treat has made a huge difference. But am looking at other ways to save, cutting back on power usage, food, water, gas..petrol and, for instance, we met up for a cuppa at the local shopping centre the other day, I took my own can of drink in my bag to have in the food court..they other mums didnt know I had taken my own drink and it saved me buying an expensive drink there..Ive been watching what ive been eating, trying to cut back..using the treadmill(not as often as I should though)..Hubby went back up to work the other day...Kids are back at school, so thats been nice the last 2 days..lol, So no plans tonite, Sons rugby tomoro morning..Yippeeee, then prepare for next week when it does start to get busy...rugby does training on a thursday nite.I have one huge thing I want to change soon,.,.and that is my coke zero consumption..I think I may drink too much of it..Im starting to wonder what addictive thing is in it..hehe, I must get through around 2lts a day, give or take...Im thinking I should start with alternting, zero then water...which would in effect halve my consumption...will keep ya updated on that one...well ill leave it now, catch ya soon

No comments:

Post a Comment